The mission of Border Compassion is to invite faith-communities to Cross-Over at the border to offer a compassionate humanitarian response to families living at the Posada del Migrante Shelter, which houses up to 300 people.
Founder Border Compassion, Sister Suzanne Jabro, CSJ
Border Compassion is an all-volunteer organization inviting, coordinating and guiding faith communities to cross-over. We stand at the border with the asylum seekers, and form a flexible, nimble, and efficient web of compassion.
"Love is the standard operating procedure, concern for others is the behavioral norm, and compassion changes everything."
-Robert Keck, Sacred Eyes
Here's the Team
• Sister Suzanne Jabro, CSJ,
Chief Inviter and Cross-Over Guide
• Troy Elder and Kip Joda, Pro Bono Attorneys with huge hearts and keen immigration law minds
• Elaine Millam and Marlynn May St Margaret Episcopal Justice Ministry Team
• Lorenzo Lebrija Episcopal Presider
• Sr. Lisa Buscher, RSCJ
• Sister Teresa Lynch, CSJ, Orange County Networker, Transporter and Border Compassion Photographer
The only piece missing is YOU. We are all ONE! We are dear neighbors. Compassion knows no borders.
The only piece missing is YOU.
We are all one, dear neighbors, compassion knows no borders.